As many of my follower know I do a lot of research on branding, marketing, and various ways to build a better brand on and off line. And if there is one thing I’ve learned is the key to starting and effective business is to have a solid marketing strategy. Before you start your website, order your business card or create a logo having a solid plan that discusses your target audience, goals, strengths, weakness etc. will really help target your efforts and overall improve their effectiveness.
The one thing I noticed in most of my research is that often articles tell you what you should do to build a marketing strategy, but they don’t give examples of how you should do it or show examples of what other successful strategies look like. Recently I found great article on http://www.ducttapemarketing.com, 13 Questions That Will Lead You To Your Perfect Marketing Strategy, after reading the article and reviewing the questions I decided I would be the example for my readers. So I decided to post my 13 Answers and share the basis of my business marketing strategy.
- What about this job, work, or organization are you passionate about?
I love to create, and even more than that I love the being able to create something that gives an emerging business a more professional look and helping them to be more successful
- How does this business serve a higher purpose for you and your customers?
We seek to give a our clients a high end professional image, which helps increase their visibility in their chosen market
- What value do you really bring that benefits your market in ways that your competitors wouldn’t dream of proposing
I offer full service designs graphic, web, etc. This holistic approach enables us to give our clients consistent and more effective brand imagining. In addition, I also spend a lot of time studying what works and doesn’t work for various industries, best practices on and off line, etc. so in addition to just creating a nice design we equip our clients with the tools and knowledge to make their branding more effective.
- What’s the dominant personality trait that you need your customers to associate with your business?
Knowledgeable, creative, innovative
- What does an ideal client look like?
An emerging business or community organization, who is ready to take their brand to the next level.
- What is the simple 10-word core message that explains and excites?
I create business websites, social media, and print designs that excel.
- How will your market become aware of your business?
- How will your market come to trust that you have the answers?
Viewing existing graphic designs work and clients websites, client references and testimonies, and from valuable content shared on my blog and social media
- What are the revenue sources that you can tap to grow this business?
- Can you describe the perfect customer experience throughout your organization?
The perfect experience starts with a clear concise design consultation. Followed by initial designs that show that there goals were understood and properly communicated in the design. A designer who is eagerly accepting of feedback and quick turnaround of design revisions, and last quick testing and implementation of their final website or design product.
- What resource gaps and constraints do you need to overcome to achieve your strategy?
More networking opportunities and willing businesses that recognize the need to strengthen their brand and have the resources to follow through.
- What partnerships do you need to create in order to achieve your strategy?
Network groups; join chamber commerce, networking events
- What would the result of using this strategy model to run your business look like?
I hope these answers helped provide a good example of how you can use a similar exercise to build your marketing strategy. Take a shot at it post your 13 ANSWERS below
And Contact AKZMe Designs after your done building your perfect strategy and you are ready for help executing it.